Join us for the 2016 Annual Beaver Lake Cleanup!
Saturday, September 24, 2016
The 2016 Annual Beaver Lake Cleanup is coming up and we need your help. The day is filled with a cleanup, prizes, and a free lunch! This is our biggest cleanup of the year and helps to pull tons of trash out of Beaver Lake, keeping it clean and free of debris and trash that travels down from the major tributaries or left on the shoreline. This is one of the best ways to give service to protecting our water quality! See cleanup details below or download the flyer here.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. – Registration
Volunteers check in at one of the parks listed below:
- 8:00 a.m. Prairie Creek Park at the Launch Ramp
- 8:00 a.m. Dam Site Park at Cutoff Wall next to Dam
- 8:00 a.m. Lost Bridge North Park at the Launch Ramp
- 8:00 a.m. Hickory Creek Park at Campground Boat Ramp
Volunteers will be given a free event t-shirt (while supplies last), trash bags and lunch ticket wrist band
8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – Cleanup
- Volunteers will be directed to areas of the parks and shorelines that need to be cleaned.
- Volunteer boaters will be available to transport participants to areas not accessible by road.
- Volunteers will remove all accessible debris from along the shoreline and inside the parks.
- Do not dig up items or attempt to bring in tires or large chunks of styrofoam. Instead, please make a note of the location of these items so that Park Rangers may remove them in a safe manner.
- If you find a very unusual item, bring it to lunch with you to enter the Most Unusual Item contest.
- Look for specially tagged Coca Cola bottles which have been randomly hidden around the lake. Find a “Message in a Bottle” and bring it with you to lunch for a special prize.
12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Lunch and Festivities
- Lunch will be served to volunteers around noon at the Prairie Creek Park Grand Shelter. You must show your arm band to participate!
- The “Most Unusual Find” contest winner will be announced during lunch.
- Volunteers will be entered into a door prize drawing to be held following lunch.
If you have a boat and are willing to transport volunteers to clean up along the shoreline, please call Ranger Alan Bland with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at (479) 636-1210 X1705. Volunteer Boat Captains will receive a special thank you gift (while supplies last).
For more information about the cleanup, please contact Ranger Bland at (479) 636-1210 ext 1705 or the Solid Waste District at (479) 795-0751.